Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Godheads and Hotdogs

I'm very excited to have a piece in issue 48 of Right Hand Pointing! The flash (500 words) is entitled Godheads and Hotdogs and it's one I've been working on for nearly a year.

Here's a picture of a girl holding alcohol jumping out of a plane. Two of those three things have nothing to do with my story. But I bet you'll want to click the above link now and find out which!



He's laughing at a joke. The head is blue with big white eyes and I'm just one of his many annoyances, just a dust mote falling through the ether, soon to collide with it. Just a scab of dead skin beaten into invisibility.

Maybe I'll make him sneeze.




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this - especially the last line. Bravo. I'm impressed, and I mean that. You've really impressed me with this one. It's very different from what I'm used to reading from you, and I think it totally works, packing a punch that certainly shocked me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man--you have a critical eye so that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete